User Research Lab is a research-based Usability laboratory focusing on the needs and advancements of SMMEs as a catalyst in achieving Success, Excellence and Reliable business partnerships. User Research Lab provides the SMMEs with actionable feedback about their businesses. We employ a variety of research techniques, often A/B testing to observe user behaviour. The aim is to understand user’s preferences and motivations to help deliver the best experience possible to the SMMEs marketplace. We employ empirical methods for measuring mobile web platform’s flexibility, convenience and ease-of-use. It involves bringing users into the User Research Lab and opening a dialogue necessary to understand and manage expectations of the users. Observational user satisfaction, user preferences and performance data are collected, summarised, and used as the basis for design recommendations and improvements.
User Research Lab relied on a feedback received from the client to establish representative task scenarios to design, develop, build, test and use successful mobile web platforms. For example, a mobile web platform may be targeted for a certain audience with different demographics, locations and user preferences. User Research Lab data is then collected using analytics platforms and dashboard analytics for analysis, visualisation and sharing. Additional measures may also be requested by the business owner. User Research Lab ensures that such requests are implemented as required and in line with the philosophy of User-centered design (UCD) or user-driven development (UDD) principles. The User Research Lab data gathered in a test is both objective and subjective, such that:
- Success in completing each task as perceived by the user.
- Page loading speed to complete tasks.
- The flow of steps including supported links to complete tasks.
- Seamless experience without losing users.
- Acceptable experience as perceived by the end user.
- Meaningful use of information by the business community.
- Mobile web platform’s preferences, convenience and ease of use.
- Overall net promoter score (NPS) within the mobile web platform.